Eco-dog site supports dog walking in the Bay Area
The San Francisco SPCA today announced the launch of www.eco-dog.org, a new website dedicated to protecting natural resources and preserving on- and off-leash dog walking in the San Francisco Bay Area. Eco-dog.org is sponsored by the San Francisco SPCA (SFSPCA) and was developed with coalition members:
· San Francisco SPCA
“Eco-Dog marks a wonderful opportunity for the Bay Area to prove that pets can enjoy public spaces without harming the integrity of natural resources, and the SFSPCA’s support and resources have been invaluable in making this happen,” said Martha Walters, chair, Crissy Field Dog Group. “Eco-Dog will work with community stakeholders in an effort to resolve any concerns resulting from pet activities, creating a united voice for pet owners and non-owners.
Eco-Dog.org provides pet-owners with information and resources about on- and off-leash dog-walking in public open spaces and advocates for responsible dog guardianship to preserve the Bay Area’s natural landscape.
The Eco-Dog website also offers:
· Information about off-leash dog walking in the San Francisco Bay Area counties
· Ways to get involved in the effort to preserve dog-walking access in local recreation areas, help to build and strengthen the Eco-Dog community, and play a part in protecting open spaces
· Details of Eco-Dog’s goals, profiles of Bay Area local heroes and collaborative partners who are working to ensure dog-walking access in open spaces and parks for future generations
“The SFSPCA is continually seeking ways to enhance the human-animal bond, and we believe that outdoor activities are a vital and healthy way to accomplish this,” said Jennifer Scarlett, D.V.M. co-interim president of the SFSPCA. “We are proud to team up with organizations that share the value of this bond while understanding the importance of responsible pet ownership and preserving open spaces in our communities.”
The SFSPCA and coalition members welcome volunteers to support an array of Eco-Dog projects. For more information about the Eco-Dog coalition’s mission or to get involved, please visit www.eco-dog.org or call the SFSPCA at (415) 554-3029. If you’d like to donate to the site, you can click here.
Latest posts by Bart (see all)
- Farewell, Beloved Bart - November 26, 2018
- Goodbye Flies – Subtle Fly Traps that Get the Job Done - August 17, 2018
- Vita Bone® Artisan Inspired® Dog Treat Challenge - July 19, 2018