Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions for your pet
Make 2017 a better year by taking to heart some New Year’s resolutions for your pet. The Oregon Humane Society encourages everyone to adopt one (or more) of these New Year’s resolutions for your pet in 2017:
1. I will get exercise by walking and playing with my dog every day (see dog training and fitness classes offered by OHS here)
2. I will keep my cat mentally and physically healthy with at least five minutes of kitty playtime every day (lots of tips on great cat toys here).
3. I won’t miss veterinary exams needed by my pets.
4. I will be a voice for those who can’t speak for themselves and will report animal neglect and abuse when I see it (make a report to OHS about suspected cruelty here).
5. I will give the gift of compassion by volunteering at a local shelter and/or by making a financial donation to help pets in need (visit the OHS website to learn more).
These New Year’s Resolutions for your pet are courtesy of the Oregon Humane Society (OHS), the Northwest’s oldest and largest humane society. OHS relies entirely on donations to support its adoption, education, and animal cruelty investigation programs. Visit oregonhumane.org for more information.
Latest posts by Bart (see all)
- The New Canine Field Medicine Book - July 31, 2017
- Made in the USA Pet Products to Celebrate July 4th - June 26, 2017
- Tips for the Dog Days of Summer - June 19, 2017