Stats to Quote for Take Your Dog to Work Day
Still trying to convince your boss to let you celebrate Take Your Dog to Work Day? According to a new survey by the friendship app SKOUT, nearly half of people (46%) think companies should allow workers to bring their pups to work. SKOUT is a global friendship app that is all about connecting people, but they thought it would be fun to hear what people think about man’s best friend in the workplace.
Highlights from SKOUT’s Take Your Dog To Work Day survey:
Dogs can make you happier, more productive and less stressed at work.
- 78% of people who work in an office say that dogs make employees more happy in the workplace.
- 67% of people who work in an office say that dogs help lower the stress level at work.
- 51% of people who work in an office say that dogs make employees more productive.
Dogs at work are more popular than you may think!
- 14% of everyone surveyed say they bring their dog to work, at least some of the time.
- People who work in an office are even more likely to bring their dog to work — with 21% saying they bring their four-legged friend to their workplace.
Dogs give companies a “cool factor.”
- 51% of people surveyed say being able to bring your tail-wagger to work makes your company a cool place to work. Workers age 30 and under especially think so (58%).
Pooches are more popular than ping pong tables.
- When it comes to perks in the workplace, the ability to bring your dog to work is preferred three times as much as the option of having a ping pong or foosball table.
One possible problem: getting along with your boss’s dog!
- 9% of people surveyed say the biggest downside of having dogs in the workplace would be having to pretend they like their boss’s dog, even if they don’t.
Dogs rule, cats drool.
- 78% of people surveyed say they prefer Take Your Dog To Work Day, while 22% prefer Take Your Cat To Work Day.
Latest posts by Bart (see all)
- Goodbye Flies – Subtle Fly Traps that Get the Job Done - August 17, 2018
- Vita Bone® Artisan Inspired® Dog Treat Challenge - July 19, 2018
- The Woof Review – Dog Days of History by Sarah Albee - June 16, 2018