2017 Was All About the Puppies!
This year my husband and I decided we wanted to do something that had a direct impact. Although we’ve fostered in the past, this year we fostered and homed three sets of three puppies each. All were from Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota, and through Lightshine Canine and Pet Haven of Minnesota we helped 9 dogs found their furever homes this year.
We also met a new partner in our endeavor – I and Love and You pet food. The folks at I and Love and You reached out to us and offered to help, sending giant boxes of treats and food. They even sent us new Puppy Food Starter Kits, with all the essentials to get their diet off to a healthy start and comes packed with coupons for other goodies. This brand is fantastic – it’s completely natural with no corn, wheat, rice, soy, or fillers.
Some of the favorites from I and Love and You (which our older dogs also enjoyed) included:
- Hip Hoppin’ Hearties, chicken treats with glucosamine to support healthy joints
- Fresh All Rover Breath Bones with peppermint
- Cow Boom Strips (those went really fast)
- Happy Pawlidays Box with bandanas and other fun treats
Seriously, we’re hooked on this stuff! Our adult dogs are on the Naked Essentials Lamb +Bison, that’s not only grain-free, but filled with prebiotics and probiotics. Thanks to I and Love and You for helping out this year by sending so much food and treats. We’re forever grateful!
Learn more about this great company (and their great pet food) at IandLoveandYou.com
To see a gallery of the puppies we fostered this year click here. If you’re interested in fostering puppies or other homeless dogs in Minnesota, please visit PetHavenMN.org and learn about becoming a dog or cat foster.
Latest posts by Bart (see all)
- Farewell, Beloved Bart - November 26, 2018
- Goodbye Flies – Subtle Fly Traps that Get the Job Done - August 17, 2018
- Vita Bone® Artisan Inspired® Dog Treat Challenge - July 19, 2018